Hello Crossroads Community Church,
I wanted to take some time to fill you in on our Membership Class and to let you know how thankful I am for all of you!
There is a broken and confused world around us. Those are usually signs that God is about to do amazing things in order to bring wholeness and spiritual clarity to our country and ultimately… our world. We can be a part of that!
When I reflect on the past year, I can’t help but recognize God’s faithfulness in our church. We have seen over thirty salvations and tons of spiritual growth throughout all of our ministries. We have more volunteers than ever before looking to step into roles working with our kids ministry, digital media, worship team, and our other growing ministries. Our Wednesday night Royal Rangers and Impact Girl ministries launched with incredible success! God has been faithful! And the best part is: He isn’t even close to being done!
At C3 we are in a season of building and growth. We need to set a strong foundation so that God can use us as a part of His plan to reach the world. Our next step of growth is a Membership Class. It is my hope that you will prayerfully consider becoming a C3 member.
3 reasons to consider becoming an official member at Crossroads Community Church:
- Membership Matters
Someday in the near future will be transitioning from an Assemblies of God “Home Missions Church” to an Assemblies of God “Sovereign Church.” Being a Sovereign Church simply means that we will change from being primarily governed by our Assemblies of God District Office to being self-governed. Once Sovereign, we will have a Constitution and Bylaws that we will rely on for the governance of the church that will be voted on and approved by the official membership of Crossroads Community Church.
Once we have official members, we will be able to bring decisions such as building additions, major renovations of the church, church membership business items, etc. to the members of C3 for voting approval.
In order for us to achieve the future goal of becoming sovereign, we must first develop an official membership roster and process that ensures all members have gone through the same membership process and have received the same information. It is for this reason that we are requiring every person interested in becoming an official member of Crossroads Community Church to go through the membership class, regardless of how long someone may have attended the church.
- Membership is an Increased Commitment
Church membership isn’t like having a membership at a restaurant, gym, or grocery store. It means that we are committed to the body of Christ as a member of a living, breathing body. Paul uses the human body as a Biblical analogy in Romans 12:4-5:
“4 For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5 so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.”
In this scripture Paul teaches us that we, as official members of the body of Christ, are meant to live our lives as servants for the sake of Christ. Because of the biblical truths that teach us that being a member of the body of Christ is not a status, but a lifestyle, members are expected to do the following:
- Faithfully attend church services and be a part of discipleship programs, Bible studies, etc.
- Actively serve in an area(s) of ministry at the church.
- Contribute to the church financially. (Tithes/offerings)
- Uphold the Assemblies of God’s 16 fundamental truths.
- Membership Keeps us Accountable
By having a membership status and seeking to meet the membership expectations previously mentioned, we will experience a new level of accountability as the C3 body of Christ builds up each member to live a life that seeks to fulfill these Biblical expectations.
- Members must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must have received and actively profess Jesus Christ as your personal savior while leading a lifestyle that exemplifies being a follower of Christ.
- You must lead a life that is in pursuit of spiritual growth.
- You must have attended Crossroads Community Church for four months or longer in order to be eligible to take the membership class.
- Attend Crossroads Community Church faithfully for a minimum of 4 months.
- Attend a Wednesday night discipleship course. (This requirement will be waived for February 2021.)
- Attend and Complete the Membership class.
- Submit the Membership application. (The application is provided at the membership class.)
The membership class will be taking place Saturday, June 19th, at 10am. The class will be 2-3 hours in length. Lunch and Childcare will be provided.