Crosswalk Kids Ministry exists to partner with parents as we guide children in their spiritual walk. The aim of our ministry is Christ centered. We desire to lead children into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and to equip the child to grow and walk in that relationship. Our curriculum is Bible based and is designed to help the child discover what God’s word says and how to apply that truth to their life. We believe that the Word of God has the answers to the needs in our lives and is practical to today’s child.
- SMALLVILLE is for Infants through age 2. Our goal is to provide a calm and pleasant environment in which a baby will feel safe and secure.
- PARK PLACE is for children ages 3 – K. Children will enjoy an active, hands on learning environment with music, creative storytelling, crafts and snack!
- KID CITY is for Elementary children in 1st – 5th Grade. Kid friendly worship, practical life application and small group activities are just some of the things children will experience in Kid City!
SAFETY AND SECURITY
One of the goals of Crosswalk Kids Ministry is to provide a safe, secure, loving environment for the children. In an effort to accomplish this, we have several security measures in place to protect our children, their parents and the church.
- All Children, Birth-5th Grade, are checked in to allow for greater security. Parents can check in all of their children at once by stopping at the designated CROSSWALK check in area. After being given name tags for both the children and the parents, parents will walk their children to the appropriate classrooms. At the end of the service, the parents return to their child’s class and their tag and the child’s tag must be matched in order for the child to be released safely.
- Adults in the classroom are required to wear a name tag as a means of identifying them as an adult authorized to be in the classroom. Only authorized adults will be permitted in the classrooms.
- Crosswalk Volunteers have gone through a screening process including a Childline and Criminal Check prior to active participation in our classrooms and have received appropriate classroom training.